Joaquin Capa was born in Santander, Spain, 1941.
Color is the keystone of the work of established Spanish abstract artist Joaquin Capa. Informal, sometimes automatic gestures give a sense of space and movement to his atmospheric graphic prints.
Capa trained at the San Fernando Fine Art Academy in Madrid and also studied courses in Philosophy, Architecture and Sociology. The artist has been awarded grants by the prestigious Fundacion March and the Spanish Ministery of Culture. Capa was awarded a prize at the First Indian Biennial in Bhopal.
The following Museums and Collections hold examples of Capa´s work:
– Museum of Abstract Art, Cuenca, Spain.
– Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Madrid, Spain.
– Museum of Fine Art, Santander, Spain.
– Museum of Modern Art, New York, US.
– Los Ángeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, US.
– Gulbenkiam Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal.